Sorghum Blueberry and White Choc Chip MuffinsMarch 2, 2016
Sorghum Researchers gather at the summer grains conferenceMarch 2, 2016
Gluten free biscuit recipe made with sorghum flour.
Makes approx. 40 biscuits
- 250g White Sorghum Flour
- 170g butter (softened)
- 100g brown sugar
- 50g cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp bicarb powder
- 2 tsp guar gum or 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 170-180 degrees.
- Combine softened butter, sugars and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg/yolk one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions.
- Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Roll mixture into teaspoon size balls. Put dough on a lined tray (at least 5 cm apart), flatten slightly and place into the oven for 15-20min or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool (and firm) slightly on tray before removing.