Sorghum Blueberry-Lemon MuffinsFebruary 19, 2016
Sorghum Chocolate Chip and Macadamia BiscuitsMarch 2, 2016
Gluten free muffin recipe made with sorghum flour. Makes 48 mini muffins
- 21/3 cups White Sorghum Flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons guar gum or 1½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk of choice, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add-Ins and Topping
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180ºF. Generously grease 2 non-stick mini muffin pans.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients thoroughly until smooth.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Combine with a spatula until just moistened and then gently stir in the blueberries. Divide the batter evenly in the pan and sprinkle each muffin with a little sugar.
- Bake until the muffin tops are lightly browned, approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.